Thursday, May 3, 2012

For the Faint of Heart

Who here wears their heart on their sleeve? Who here tries to make something out of nothing? I have to admit, I'm guilty as charged. You can ask any of my real close friends, they know I fall very easily. I'm foolishly repeating, "but he's different, or I've never felt this way," all the while wearing those rose colored glasses.  I used to romanticize little things like baseball player body, horoscope signs, knowing all the words to Notorious B.I.G songs, silly little things like that.  My recent Ex had everything I thought a girl can ask for. He's 6'3, dimples, well spoken, drives a Lincoln and has a house a with an amazing view of both the Bay and Golden Gate Bridges.  
I honestly felt he was definitely a big step up from other boyfriends I had before and I was so set and so sure I've finally found possibly the one.  So I kept focusing on that aspect.  He treated me alright but he knew he wasn't treating me the best that he could. He would often make wonderful promises that he never followed through.  He wasn't a happy person most of the time and I felt spending time with me wasn't important.  However, I'm not going to make a long drawn out bitter paragraph about how my ex wronged me. Quite the opposite. He taught me a very valuable lesson.  I needed to take a step back and look at the bigger picture instead of focusing on the little things that wont have much power when shit starts to hit the fan.  
My ex has his own life path that he needs to figure out and he was at least kind enough to let me go as to not drag me down in his own roller coaster of self discovery.  Trust me, it took a while for me to accept this. I was going through my own roller coaster of emotions as well. But luckily, I'm happy with who I am and I was able to dust myself off and keep going.  So all in all when I see myself going down that weary road of love with nothing but a throbbing heart on my sleeve and clouded rosy glasses, I'll tell myself "LOOK AT THE BIGGER PICTURE! That's old Marlaynuh thoughts. The new Marlaynuh bought a fish-eye lens to life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment